Welcome to the new CFMA website! Please note, before you can register for CFMA education or the conference you will need to login to your CFMA account. If you don't have an account, you can create one for free.More Info
Succession Planning Management and Ownership Course
May 26, 2021 - 3:00 PM (ET) - Online
Hosted by CFMA
About this Event
This program will cover techniques and considerations for planning and executing a succession plan for management and owner(s), including common reasons for ownership transfer plans not working. The program will also include some processes the company can implement for a successful business leadership transition necessary in an ownership transition. It will also address the various balance sheet, cash flow, and tax implications.
After this session, attendees will be able to:
- Understand the importance of time needed to effectively transition
- Tax implications to consider for sellers and buyers – Important to know both sides for negotiation
- Process to determine the retirement cash flow for transitioning generation and estate planning consideration
Level & Prerequisites
This is a group internet-based program at the Intermediate level. Some familiarity with Succession planning is recommended.
Earn 1 CPE credit in the field of Management Services.
Who Should Attend?
- Business Owners and Buyers
- Anyone who needs a better understanding of organizing succession plans
If you are a colleague of a CFMA member, you can receive a discount on registration. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
If you plan to view this program as part of a group and need to earn CPE credit, contact CFMA at email@example.com.
Lonnie Maxwell-Cook, CPA, CCIFP, Partner, Assurance, Plante Moran
Shane Brown, CPA, CCIFP, Partner, Plante Moran